Monday, October 4, 2010

One

Brian and I have started on a year-long journey, with some wonderful people, based on the book "One - A Face Behind The Numbers.

The book focuses on different aspects of social justice, such as corruption, diseases and education. Each chapter is devoted to a specific issue, and there are twelve chapters. We are focusing on one chapter per month for a year, learning by reading the book and research, as well as looking for ways we can help and putting them into action.

We just started, but I'm so excited about it. October's chapter is Slavery. I learned so much from just reading. Slavery is so pervasive in developing countries, which breaks my heart. But we can help. Check out Anti Slavery for ideas.

There are so many things going on in our world I'm unaware of, and I can't wait to learn about them. The first step to changing the world is to learn about it.

I'd love to talk to anyone if you're interested about this, and any of the issues.

Check out the ONE movement.

No comments: