Monday, October 18, 2010

Escape

This past weekend, Brian & I went to Lethbridge to stay with our dear friends, Carissa-Lynn & Blair. It was just such a wonderful visit. I feel so relaxed and refreshed from being there. Not only did we get out of the city for a bit, but we got to spend quality time with the Stretch's and also with Georgia, who we love to pieces.

It's funny how a change of pace can have such a substantial impact on how you feel. Brian & I have been so swamped with school/work and all kinds of regular life things that we really needed a break. We found it in Lethbridge. We didn't worry about school or work or anything else and just enjoyed our time there. I'm hoping this relaxed feeling sticks around for a while.

The weekend also made me so thankful for friends, all over again. I have such wonderful people in my life. Carissa and I have been friends for almost four years now. I think that's pretty wonderful. It was just so great to reconnect, to support each other in our experiences, whether they are different or exactly the same, and to laugh together. I love laughing with good friends.

What a blessed little trip to Lethbridge!

No comments: